You ask, we delivered. We are extremely excited to announce we just released Headway 1.5.5 Beta to those Headway users with a Developer’s License. Our users asked for changes and we needed to do some bug fixes and here they are.
Why 1.5.5 and not 1.5.2? Because there is a major change in the user interface. You can see below what has been changed in the visual editor.
- PHP 4 COMPATIBILITY. YES, REALLY!
- Invisible visual editor bug fixed. No more creating new admin user.
- Switching to tags system page from the layout chooser fixed.
- Letter spacing of none/0 saves now.
- A few easy hooks were not working correctly. Those are fixed now.
- Not thoroughly tested yet: Twitter should be less “touchy” now. And actually fetch the feed.
- Duplicate header/navigation all fixed.
- Completely new interface! Already? Yes…
- Visual editor speeeeed! The loading bar is gone on the visual editor. Many things were optimized.
- Site Title: There have been numerous sites not using a tagline, thus having a title like “| Site Name”. We’ve added an if statement to remove that pipe character if the have no tagline.
- Header link image URL: If the image uploader fails, you now have the ability to manually type in the URL to your header. Why we removed this in 1.5? We don’t know.
- Mass Font Change: With one click of the mouse, you can change every single font on your site.