It is no secret, I have often said that most bloggers, especially new bloggers, spend too much time worrying about the numbers and stats on their blogs. Please understand, I know why you want to watch them. You love seeing your rankings move up and you like to see the traffic numbers increase too. But the numbers aren’t what’s important.
Watching the numbers are also wasting some very valuable time which you could be using to do more important activities. And these activities may just help someone else and just may actually help you grow your blog.
Problogger recently had a post called, “Ten Tips for Stats Addicts”. In the post we are given 10 great activities we all could be doing instead of having our noses glued to our computer screens watching the numbers.
- Stop checking your stats and stop writing for stats!
- Instead of checking stats, help out a fellow blogger!
- Interview other bloggers.
- Participate in discussion forums.
- Check in on your readers instead of your stats!
- Sign up for a new social network each day instead of obsessing over stats.
- Write a scintillating guest post.
- Reach out to new friends at Stumbleupon, Digg, Reddit, and Mixx.
- Keep a stats journal
- Read other blogs which help you blog, like Problogger.
You can visit Problogger to read the details explaining each of the 10. I urge you to try some of them the next time you get the urge to pull up the stats program to see what your numbers are.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to the Blog For Profit Newsletter. We include information in the newsletter we don’t feature here on the blog. And when you subscribe, you get a free copy of our eBook , Blogging Tips to Help You Blog.